Make Magic Happen and Join the Professional Board
The Open Heart Magic Professional Board (ProBo) is a dedicated group of inspired professionals and philanthropists committed to bringing the healing power of laughter to hospitalized children throughout Chicago.
Our mission is to generate and expand the awareness of OHM, advance our reputation for making a difference, act as a catalyst for organizational growth, and raise funds that go directly to bringing more magic to sicks kids.
The mission of the Professional Board is to:
- Support the Board of Directors and Volunteer Hospital Magicians
- Raise awareness and expand OHM relationships with corporate partners
- Develop future organizational leaders
- Contribute to the success of fundraising events like our annual Tricks Are For Kids Benefit
- Coordinate Social events that further expand the OHM brand and build a sense of community
- Inspire your friends and professional networks to become a part of this philanthropic success story
Open Heart Magic has pioneered an innovative way to reach children who are being treated for serious illness through the surprise, excitement and wonder of magic performed at their hospital bedside.
Our personalized interactions help children feel special, more confident and empowered during a scary and stressful time. By inviting them to be a part of the interaction, we energize kids and help them find the strength they need to heal.
Because our Bedside Magic performances are one-on-one, we’re able to work with kids of all ages, regardless of physical or developmental restrictions. Our performances also benefit the parents and siblings of these patients, who also are experiencing the stress and uncertainty that illness brings as well.
By joining the Professional Board, you’re helping us continue to reach thousands of sick kids each year. This video will give you an inside look into what it’s like to be a sick kid in the hospital.
Become a member of the ProBo today!
The Professional Board meets every other month. If you are interested in learning more, please reach out to the ProBo President, Jake Hagelow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also apply by clicking on the “apply now” button below.